Heads of Information Security have a voice, so how can it best be put to use?
Based on a survey of UK Information Security professionals, the Risky Business Report 2016 highlights how the role of information security is evolving:
- Executive boards are ready and willing to engage on cyber security
- The need to build a strategic cyber defence
- The importance of identifying data assets
- The importance of valuing data assets
- That people, not technologies, are the biggest vulnerability
Now is the time for action, so 4 practical steps are outlined – with tips on how to ask for it internally.